Please follow me and join my other AMAZING followers!!!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It has been a loooong time........

Whew, it feels good to get back to posting. For all of you out there who wants to know about our camping trip, here it is, it was VERY VERY fun!! I took a lot of pictures but, my camera card got ruined. So, that means ALL of my pictures are gone........aah!! ;( Oh well, things aren't made to last forever anyways. On another note, my siblings and I made fishing poles out of tree branches!! Can you believe that?? Although, the hooks and line we bought ( sorry, can't do everything ). We had fun making them. I actually caught about 6 little sardine size fish. LOL!! So, altogether I think we caught maybe 15 small fish..........which isn't bad. They were too small to eat though.

Other then that, we made a couple forts out of branches and leaves. Since my brother is a Boy Scout, he likes (and is required) to do those kinds of things. I also enjoyed building them too......who would've known!!

Also, since I was up camping I wasn't able to do my Poem Monday. So, I decided just to do it today. Here is my poem for the week.....

To Do List From God

I ran my life in search of worldly things;
My time and will were firmly in control.
I thought I had no need for what God brings;
I gave no heed to murmurs from my soul.

“You’re planning, doing all the time,” it said,
“But something else is missing deep inside.
Your mind is whirling, but your heart is dead,
So turn to God and let go of your pride.”

I did, and God said, “Here’s My plan for you:
Give your life to Me, and just let go.
Have faith and pray, and read the Bible through,
And you’ll have blessings more than you can know.”

So simple, yet it brings me perfect peace,
Living life for God the way I should.
Direction, purpose, fullness and release—
Life with God is very, very good.

By Joanna Fuchs

This poem, mainly focuses on how much better and more peaceful life is when we move away from worldly things and closer to Jesus.

Christians who remember what their lives were like before being saved can relate to how this poem reveals how the worries of the world and our need to plan and control things can make life very difficult.

When we turn it all over to God, life becomes so much more peaceful and satisfying.

Just something to think about........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking some time to comment!! I LOVE hearing what my readers have to say. Although, I hope that you will have only good things to say..........and please follow my blog if you haven't already.

God Bless,
Abbie