Please follow me and join my other AMAZING followers!!!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Biscuit Twists = yummy!!

Today for breakfast I made Christmas Morning Biscuit Twists. These are sooo easy and super yummy!! For me they took about 15 mins. to make, not including baking. So, give them a try!!

Biscuit dough:
3 c. flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbls. sugar
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
3/4 c. butter
1 c. milk

Stir together dry ingredients. Cut in butter with a pastry blender till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add milk. Stir until just moistened. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 4-6 strokes.

Roll dough out into rectangle (about 1/4 in. thick)

Brush with 2 Tbls. melted butter. Sprinkle with 3 or more Tbls. Brown sugar.

Fold rectangle in half and cut into about 1 in. strips.

Twist strips and place on baking sheet. Bake at 450* for 10-12 mins.

After they come out of the oven, drizzle a simple powdered sugar glaze on top.

Enjoy!!

p.s I also have a giveaway brewing up so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking some time to comment!! I LOVE hearing what my readers have to say. Although, I hope that you will have only good things to say..........and please follow my blog if you haven't already.

God Bless,
Abbie