Please follow me and join my other AMAZING followers!!!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Daddy's All Around Red Sauce


Hi everyone!!

The other day my dad concocted a red sauce that can be used for pizza, spaghetti or for anything else you think of. Since then my dad has perfected it..... Yeah!!! I it's now my families favorite sauce. Here is the recipe if you ever want to give it a try......


1 large yellow onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
3-4 Tbls. olive oil
3 12 oz. cans tomato paste
1 28 oz. can diced tomato
54 oz. water
2 Tbls. sugar
2 Tbls. oregano
basil, to taste
salt, to taste

Preheat oil to med-low. Saute garlic, then add onion. Cook till soft. Add tomato paste and fry in the garlic, onion and oil mixture over medium heat. Stirring constantly for 10-15 min. Add rest of ingredients and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer all day.

* You can add any kind of meat to it if you want

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking some time to comment!! I LOVE hearing what my readers have to say. Although, I hope that you will have only good things to say..........and please follow my blog if you haven't already.

God Bless,
Abbie