Please follow me and join my other AMAZING followers!!!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Beautiful Poem

Hi everyone!!

I thought this was a very thought provoking and beautiful poem and just had to post it so everyone could read it.

Too Busy For Jesus


The dream became clearer as I tossed around in my sleep.
The Lord was calling my name over and over, so loud and deep.
The voice surrounded my bedroom, I stared within.
He said, "This is Jesus, my friend, where have you been?"

He said, "My dear brethren, what have you done today,
to walk in my footsteps and try not to stray?
Not once have you been humble on your knees in prayer.
Son, you must shine my light and show others you care."

I saw you yesterday, only glancing at the man on the road.
He was having car trouble and needed to be towed.
You said, "I can't stop or I will surely be late,
someone will help him soon, he'll just have to wait."

"One of your workers has been sick and almost died.
This lady is a widow and food for five she must buy.
You have plenty and you're never hungry when you go to bed.
Why are you so greedy and trying to get ahead?

"What if I had been too busy to die on the cross?
You would never walk the streets of gold, your soul would be lost.
What if I had been too busy to hear you that day,
when you asked forgiveness and earnestly prayed?"

I awoke from my deep slumber and my heart felt content.
I thanked the Lord on my knees, for the message He had sent.
So many times, I take for granted the small things He has given to me.
Without the Lord in my life each day, I am blind and cannot see.

Copyright © 1999 by Donna L

This poem hit the nail on the head, we have to be the light of Jesus while we are down on this earth. So take time this week to be kind to your old neighbor or help the man on the street. By those actions you can hopefully plant that little seed in their heart and then the Holy Spirit can work in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking some time to comment!! I LOVE hearing what my readers have to say. Although, I hope that you will have only good things to say..........and please follow my blog if you haven't already.

God Bless,
Abbie